- Calculate the mass of the helium gas in the balloon?
- Find the weight of the helium gas?
- Mark in the diagram, all the forces that acted on the balloon.
- Write an equation to relate all the forces in )b) (i).
All the 3 forces are in equilibrium
- Calculate the mass of the load, m.
- If the string that is tied to the balloon is cut, Find upward acceleration experienced by the balloon?
Net force acted on the balloon = mg = (1.26 x 10-4)(10) = 1.26 x 10-3N
Mass of the helium gas, m = 2.16 x 10-5kg
Upthrust = Weight of the Load + Weight of Helium Gas