- Water is used to cool down the car engine.
- Water is used as the cooling agent in the car cooling system because
- it has high specific heat capacity. It can absorb a large amount of heat without a high increase in temperature.
- it is cheap and can be obtained easily.
- Water is pumped through the channels in the engine block to absorb heat.
- The hot water flows to the radiator and is cooled by the air flows through the fins of the radiator.
- The cool water flows back to the engine again to capture more heat and this cycle is repeated continuously.