- Magnifying glass is also known as simple microscope.
- A magnifying glass is a single convex lens with short focal length.
- The iage formed is
- A magnifying glass enlarges the image of an object by increasing the virtual angle at the eye when the object is viewed.
Angular magnitude and apparent size
- The angular magnitude of an object is the virtual angle at the eye. It is the angle the object subtends at the eye.
- This angle determines the size of the image (apparent size) formed on the retina and hence governs the apparent size of the object