- constant velocity
- decreasing velocity
- increasing velocity
|(Click on the button above to start the exercise)|
2. Figure above shows a strip of ticker tape that has been pulled by a moving trolley. The ticker tape timer was vibrating at 50Hz. Find the average velocity of the trolley.
- 125.0 cms-1
- 107.1 cms-1
- 112.2 cms-1
3. The ticker-tape in Figure above was produced by a toy car moving down a tilted runway. If the ticker-tape timer produced 50 dots per second, find the acceleration of the toy car.
- -12.50 ms-2
- -10.42 ms-2
- -1.25 ms-2
- -1.04 ms-2
4. A trolley is pushed up a slope. Diagram above shows ticker tape chart that show the movement of the trolley. Every section of the tape contains 5 ticks. If the ticker-tape timer produced 50 dots per second, determine the acceleration of the trolley.
- -100 cms-2
- 100 cms-2
- -80 cms-2
- 80 cms-2
5. Figure above shows a ticker tape chart for the motion of a trolley. The ticker tape timer was connected to a 50 Hz power supply.
Which of the following statements is true about the motion of the trolley?
- The initial velocity of the trolley is 100 cms-1.
- The average velocity of the trolley is 80 cms-1.
- The trolley moved at a uniform deceleration.
6. The velocity of the trolley decreased at the rate of 10 cms-2 per second. In a displacement-time graph, the gradient of the graph represents
- the speed
- the distance travel
- the velocity
- the acceleration
7. The graph above shows how the displacement of a car changes with time. Which of the following is true regarding the motion of the car?
- The speed of the car is decreasing.
- The velocity of the car is decreasing.
- The acceleration of the car is zero.
- The car is moving in negative direction.
- The displacement of the car is changing at a constant rate.
8. The graph above shows how the displacement of an object changes with time. Which of the following is NOT TRUE regarding the motion of the object?
- The object is moving in the negative direction.
- The speed of the object is constant.
- The velocity of the object is negative and constant.
- The object is moving with uniform acceleration.
9. The diagram shows how the displacement of car varies with its time of traveling. What is the velocity of the car?
- 2.5 ms-1
- 2.0 ms-1
- 2.1 ms-1
10. The diagram shows the graph of movement of an object. Find the average velocity of the object in the first 25 seconds.
- 3.0 ms-1
- 2.0 ms-1
- 2.5 ms-1
- 3.5 ms-1