- its velocity increases.
- its velocity decreases.
- its mass increases.
- its mass decreases.
2. A scientist releases a brick of mass 2 kg from a height of 5 m from the ground. What would be the momentum of the brick right before it hits the ground?
- 20 kgms-1
- 10 kgms-1
- 15 kgms-1
- 5 kgms-1
3. The momentum of a moving car is 300,000 kgms-1. What would be the car's new momentum if its velocity were doubled and its mass were tripled?
- 1,200,000 kgms-1
- 900,000 kgms-1
- 1,800,000 kgms-1
- 1,500,000 kgms-1
4. A trolley P of mass 2 kg moved with a velocity of 5 ms-1 collided with a trolley Q of mass 5 kg moved with a velocity of 2 ms-1 in the same direction. Find the momentum of the system after collision.
- 20 kgms-1
- 10 kgms-1
- 0 kgms-1
- 25 kgms-1
5. Which of the following vehicles' working principle is related to the Principle of Conservation of Momentum.
- Hot air balloon
- Space shutter
- Jet airplane
6. A lorry of mass 5000kg moved with a velocity of 40 ms-1. The lorry was then collided with a car of mass 1500kg at its back. The car was moving at a velocity of 35 ms-1 before the collision. After the collision, both vehicles attached and moved with a velocity v. Find the value of v.
- 38.85 ms-1
- 37.55 ms-1
- 38.55 ms-1
7. A bullet of mass 30g is fired from a gun of mass 2.5kg. The speed of the bullet was 50 ms-1 when it was coming out from the gun. Find the speed of the gun recoiled.
- 0.6 ms-1
- 0 ms-1
- 1.0 ms-1
- 1.2 ms-1
8. If the net force acting on a moving object is zero, the object will
- move with uniform speed in a straight line.
- decelerate and finally come to rest.
- decelerate and then move at a lower uniform speed.
9. Diagram above shows a wooden block is moving at 5 ms-1 on a rough surface. The magnitude of the friction is 10N. What will happen to the wooden block if it is pulled by a 5N force?
- Its speed will increase.
- It speed will decrease.
- Its speed will remain unchanged.
10. The diagram shows a man pushing a box. The box is then moves with a constant velocity of 3 ms-1. Which of the following statement is true regarding the situation?
- The net force acting on the box is zero.
- The friction between the box and the floor is lower than the pushing force.
- The acceleration of the box = 0